Thoughts and Happenings of an Average Family

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend!

Here's how my weekend went....
On Saturday, we got up and cleaned some house.  I read some and then baked some lasagna.  My mom made brownies and cherry cobbler.  It started snowing here at about 2:45.  Big, fat, beautiful flakes that looked so awesome!  I tried to upload a video, but it didn't work.  Maybe I will figure it out at some point.  Anyway, my sister, Roni, her husband, Jim, and their friend, Alicia came over to spend the evening with us.  We ate, played a game, and had a really nice visit.  Hayden and Cebelle sat at the table with us and told jokes.  We laughed so hard that my sides hurt.  Not really because the jokes were so funny, but because the kids were.  Life gets busy for all of us, and we don't get to see them very often, so it's really nice when we get to spend time with them!  As we were all sitting here, there was lightning and thunder from the snow storm.  Really beautiful, but kind of scary!  It only snowed part of the night, but we ended up with over 6 inches of new snow at our house.  There was some sleet mixed in, so it was all kind of slushy.  This is what it looked like this morning:




This morning we got up early to go to church.  I got up, showered, put on make-up, fixed my hair, fixed everyone breakfast......I knew at this point that our driveway wasn't plowed, but I figured that we wouldn't have any problems getting out.  The road was completely clear.  So we piled in the car and took off up the driveway.  And then we got stuck.  Back and forth and in and out and shoveling and digging......20 minutes later we were late for church and STILL stuck in our driveway.  We got out and changed into our snow clothes and implemented our new Sunday plan-shovel and play. 



I was really bummed about not making it to church, but we had a really good time.  The snow is now up to my hips.  I was tossing snow balls to the dogs this afternoon while standing in it.  I heard the kids and went to turn around, but my legs were stuck so I fell straight on my back.  Suffice to say, Jeff had a really good laugh out of it because he was standing beside me.  
We don't really watch football....but we are watching the Superbowl to see the half time show and all the commercials.  I used to follow football pretty closely, but quit after the kids were born.  I just never really got back into it, though it's one of the few sports I enjoy watching.  I guess it's leftover from being in the marching band and being on the stands and field every Friday night.  Those are some pretty awesome memories for me.  
I would say this weekend also chalks up some pretty terrific memories for me, too!  Once again, it wasn't really what I had planned....but that doesn't make it any less wonderful or any less adventurous!

No comments:

Post a Comment