Thoughts and Happenings of an Average Family

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2

Snow Day!  Today was an awesome day!  We slept a little past 8 and the kids came and got in bed with Jeff and I.  I love starting the day with lots of snuggles and hugs and kisses from my kids.  They are sweet and giggly and precious when they first wake up.  We ate some biscuits and gravy for breakfast and then did our school work.  I don't know how others who homeschool do it, but we normally have school on snow days.  It just helps us stick to our schedule.  And since we have scheduled breaks, it's easier to not miss a day that you have to make up later!  After our school work was done, we bundled up and went outside where we played and shoveled.  We had about a foot when we shoveled and it's still coming down right now....but here are some pictures of our fun:



This is our house viewed from the driveway.



That's the kids playing in front of the shoveled up snow and sledding down it since we don't really have much of a hill at our house.   (In case you are wondering, Hayden is 4'2".  And yes, that snow is over his head.  Most of it is hip/thigh high depending on how tall you are.  It's a pretty normal VT winter.)



That's Jeff shoveling and him and mom chatting while mom rests on the snow bank.  She actually got stuck and I had to pull her out.  I told her if she fell down I was taking a picture and posting it before she got up!
Then we came in and I baked some cinnamon rolls and made hot cocoa.  We cleaned up and thanks to Netflix, watched Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore.  It was really pretty cute.  It had some really funny jokes and play on words.  The kids cracked up.
I made some homemade chili for dinner and got the kids put down for bed.  Now mom and dad and Jeff and I are getting ready to watch Grown-Ups.  All in all, a pretty great snow day!  It's still snowing outside, but the road looks pretty clear.  I don't know if they will cancel school tomorrow.  It might be delayed.  I don't know how bad it is in the rest of our area.  It was a really fun day.  I always love the times we get to spend together as a family, laughing and playing.  It makes for some awesome memories and some really big adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment