Thoughts and Happenings of an Average Family

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend!

I have had an awesome weekend!  Saturday was spent hanging out in our pajamas.  We read books and hung out together.  We did a little bit of cleaning, Angela and Shawn stopped by to show us their new car,  and after the kids were in bed Jeff and I watched the movie RED with mom and dad.  It was pretty good.  We got up and went to church this morning and the message was about Joseph who I have always found fascinating anyway.  He is one of my favorite characters in the Bible.  The kids love to play with all the other kids at our church when services are over and we have such a hard time getting them to leave!  I have to confess that Jeff and I spend lots of time standing around chatting too.  There are such terrific people in our church and we only see most of them once a week, so it's really nice to chat and catch up.
We came home from church this afternoon and moved our computer downstairs.  I have been wanting to use it in school more often than I do.  Its previous home was in the master bedroom which was nice because Jeff and I could watch Netflix on it.  But we decided that within the next couple of months we are going to purchase a new TV for our bedroom so the computer would be better off down here.  Hayden did his first research paper this weekend.  It was short and very to the point, but I'm very proud of him.  I mean, what other 8 year old do you know that's writing research papers?  He's pretty awesome.  The kids played outside a lot the past couple of days.  The temperatures finally warmed up so they were able to spend over an hour outside on Saturday and almost an hour today.  They built a snow tunnel and a slide.  Here are some pictures of them having an awesome time!




And that's pretty much how our weekend went!  Now Jeff and the kids are finishing up a game of Monopoly and I'm heading upstairs to wash my face and get their toothbrushes ready.  We have a busy week, so it was nice to have a calming, non-adventure filled weekend!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment