Thoughts and Happenings of an Average Family

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend!

So-my weekend didn't really go as planned.  However, it was still amazing!
Saturday turned out to be a day that the whole family (mom and dad, Jeff, the kids and I) made a Costco run!  We were running low on some stuff and mom had to go, so she and dad decided that we should come along.  We bought our staples, ate all the samples, and had a really good time together.  That's one of the things that I have always loved about my parents...they are really fun people!  We finished the evening off with dinner at McDonald's and watched The A-Team after we put the kids to bed.  I loved the series and I wasn't terribly excited about the movie...but I actually thought it was pretty good!  Or at least..not as bad as I was expecting!
We got up this morning and went to church.  The message today was about Jacob and how in the beginning of his life, he was a deceiver and took his brother's inheritance.  But then he gave his life to God and he ended up being the father of the sons who were the beginning of the twelve tribes of Israel.  Its an amazing thing to think about.  How God will accept us no matter who or what we are and then He will make us more.
After church we came home and had lunch and cleaned.  Then I worked on some jewelry.  This is the necklace that I completed:


Its made with crocheted flower elements, glass beads, pearls, gold plate disks, and chain.  I'm pretty happy with the way it came out.  I tried several different configurations and this one was closest to what I saw in my head when I thought this up!  I will probably sell it for $30.
We are celebrating this evening.  My parents' thirty-sixth anniversary is today!  I made some barbeque ribs, potato salad, and baked beans for dinner.  It's one of their favorite meals.  I hope they have many more happy years together.
I probably won't sleep well tonight.  I rarely do on Sundays.  I generally spend most of the night thinking about all the stuff I need to do this week and trying to figure out how I'm going to get all of it done!  You would think that since I always get all of it accomplished that I would stop the not sleeping....but I guess maybe it's habit by now!
Wishes to all of you for a wonderful nights sleep and a wonderfully adventuresome week!

No comments:

Post a Comment