Thoughts and Happenings of an Average Family

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

January 19

So what were my adventures today?  I don't even know where to begin!  Do you ever read the thing on Facebook that says, "what's on your mind?" and then feel completely overwhelmed?  I would say that normally happens to me at least 5 days a week!  Honestly, it's not that my life is insane or that I am so boring that I can't think of anything.  It's that so many thoughts occupy my mind on a daily basis that sometimes it's difficult to pick a single one of them out.  I am many things to many people everyday.  My parents live with us, so I am a daughter, a wife, a mother, a teacher, a daycare provider, a friend, a maid, an artist, and I could think of a thousand more.  But that's not unique to me!  I think that every mom out there faces those challenges.
But today-one of my dogs puked.  On the only carpeted floor in the house.  Twice.  He just has a little tummy upset-no worries....but I can tell you that there were major freakouts all around when he heaved.  I am not ashamed to say that I was among the first to freak out.  And then I wonder-with all the other rooms in the house-why did it have to be the carpeted one?  Because now-in addition to the normal cleaning that I do on the weekends, I have to shampoo the freaking carpet.  (And what I mean by that is my husband will shampoo the carpet because he loves to do that....but, still!)
And so much for my dieting.  Because we are going to Virginia Beach on vacation this summer, I wanted to lose weight so that I don't feel so gross in a swimsuit.  But thanks a lot to mother nature and her inopportune timing, I am now eating everything in the house that includes chocolate, salt, cheese, or potatoes in the ingredients list.  No control whatsoever.  Sheesh.
And yet-as I am getting ready to close this and tuck my kids in bed, none of it matters.  They will kiss me and hug me and if I'm lucky for the next couple of years they will still believe that I am the most beautiful, wonderful mother in the whole wide world.
Until they become pre-teens and hate me desperately just for existing.  But that's an adventure for another day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment